This is a two-part Chamber Academy session presented by the Omaha Chamber of Commerce and Leadership Resources. Sessions take place on January 25 and February 8.
Leadership is the art of inspiring and empowering people to see and understand the company vision and perform in a way that leads to results. Management is the science of getting the job done efficiently through people. It involves coordinated processes, controls and the execution of tasks and projects to accomplish the organization’s mission. Both are important to the growth and success of an organization.
Join us for this two-part series designed to help you further understand these concepts and leverage them to improve your leadership skills and build your company. Facilitated by Dan Sedor, EVP of Implementation.
January 25 | 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm | Leadership versus Management
- Discuss the key characteristics of leadership and how these differ from the tasks of management
- Discover the impact of vision, mission and purpose on goal achievement
- Learn how to leverage effective management to increase results in your company
February 8 | 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm | Responsibilities of Leadership
- Learn about the three responsibilities of leaders
- Assess your own leadership skills and behaviors
- Explore attitudes and behaviors that create a high performance culture
Cost Pre-registration (registration fee covers both sessions)
$39 for members
$49 for non-members